This Website is maintained in Malaysia and is intended for visitors from Malaysia. If you give us personal information, that information will be stored and used in accordance with any applicable personal data protection laws in Malaysia, as stated below.
By submitting any personal information or data through this Website, you irrevocably give your consent and authorise Auto Selection c/o Sime Darby Motor Division Sdn Bhd (“Sime Darby Motors” or “we”), company and/or any designee of the foregoing entities (collectively referred to as "the recipients") to the fullest extent permitted by law, to access, store, use and/ or disclose such information as the recipients deem fit for such purposes including without limitation customer service development, surveys, market analysis and/or product development.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should periodically visit this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2013.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company name and job title
- Contact information including address, phone number and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Personal/financial information such as EA forms, religion, date of birth, age*
- Other information relevant to motor vehicle purchase, customer surveys and/or others
*The personal information is required if you require Sime Darby Motors to assist you to apply for a hire-purchase loan to finance the purchase of any motor vehicle from Sime Darby Motors.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- inspection and/or registration of motor vehicle ownership at the relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities including Puspakom and/or Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalanraya
- Internal record keeping includes the updating of our after-sales service records of the motor vehicle. This relevant information will be used by Sime Darby Motors, our appointed after-sales service dealers, agents and/or sub-contractors to provide the relevant after-sales service and/or repair as well as to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general
- improvement of our products and services
- customization of our website
- activation of motor vehicle warranty with the relevant motor importers/distributors and/or relevant motor/ manufacturer overseas and the activation of motor vehicle extended warranty with the relevant insurance company(ies)
- disclosure of your information to service providers, agents and/or contractors from time to time to help Sime Darby Motors to provide and market our products and services to you and you have the option to elect not to receive any direct marketing promotional information from Sime Darby Motors in the manner as referred to in Item No. II.3 below.
- for statistical analysis and includes our disclosure of your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that Sime Darby Motors can monitor and improve the services we provide; for administrative purposes and statistical analysis.
Protection of Personal Information we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We may use your personal information to send you direct marketing information about us and/or third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may choose to limit the collection and/or use of your information by the following manner:-
- When you are asked to fill in the form contained in this website, you may indicate your choice/preference by ticking against the box (es) stated in the said form on whether you would like (or not) for your information to be used by us for direct marketing information to you.
Retention of information In view that the ownership of a motor vehicle may remain with its owner and/or the use of a motor vehicle can be for any particular length of time, we will retain your information as well as the information of the motor vehicle registered to you for the following time duration:-
- Five (5) years from the date:- of the motor vehicle is registered into your ownership; or - when any other party inform us that he/she/they is/are the new owner of the motor vehicle
- Five (5) years (or such other longer time) from the :- date the motor vehicle warranty is activated with the motor manufacturer overseas and/or the date the motor vehicle extended warranty is activated with the insurance company(ies); or - last date the motor vehicle was sent to our after- sales service centre/workshop for service and/or repair works.
- One (1) year from the date you submit your information and/or details to us through submission via our website and/or our consent form(s) when you visit us and/or our appointed sales and/or after-sales dealer(s).
Access and Accuracy of your information
You have a right to:-
- Request a copy of your personal information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) for granting you access in your information. If you wish to exercise this right, you may:-(a) put your request in writing; (b) include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence and a recent credit card bill); and (c) specify the personal information you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
- You have a right to: - correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:-(a) put your request in writing; (b) provide us with enough information to identify you (eg. your account number, username, registration details); and (c) specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.